2. What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small simple file that is sent along with pages of this website and stored by your browser on the hard drive of your computer or another device. The information stored therein may be returned to our servers or to the servers of the relevant third parties during a subsequent visit.
3. What are Scripts?
A script is a piece of program code that is used to make our website function properly and interactively. This code is executed on our server or on your device.
4. What is a Web Beacon?
A web beacon (or a pixel tag) is a small, invisible piece of text or image on a website that is used to monitor traffic on a website. In order to do this, various data about you is stored using web beacons.
5.1 Technical or Functional Cookies
Some cookies ensure that certain parts of the website work properly and that your user preferences remain known. By placing functional cookies, we make it easier for you to visit our website. This way, you do not need to repeatedly enter the same information when visiting our website and, for example, the items remain in your shopping cart until you have paid. We may place these cookies without your consent.
5.2 Statistics Cookies
We use statistics cookies to optimize the website experience for our users. With these statistics cookies we get insights in the usage of our website.
5.3 Marketing/Tracking Cookies
Marketing/Tracking cookies are cookies or any other form of local storage, used to create user profiles to display advertising or to track the user on this website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.
5.4 Social Media Buttons
On our website we have included buttons for Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram to promote webpages (e.g. “like”, “pin”) or share (e.g. “tweet”) on social networks like Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram. These buttons work using pieces of code coming from Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram themselves. This code places cookies. These social media buttons also can store and process certain information, so a personalized advertisement can be shown to you.
Please read the privacy statement of these social networks (which can change regularly) to read what they do with your (personal) data which they process using these cookies. The data that is retrieved is anonymized as much as possible. Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram are located in the United States.
6. Placed Cookies
Google Analytics → Statistics
Google Maps → Marketing/Tracking
Facebook → Marketing/Tracking, Functional
LinkedIn → Marketing/Tracking, Functional
Instagram → Marketing/Tracking
When you visit our website for the first time, we will show you a pop-up with an explanation about cookies. You do have the right to opt-out and to object against the further use of non-functional cookies.
7.1 Manage Your Opt-out Preferences
- The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
- The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
- The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes
For our Newsletters and Contact Us page, we collect your Name, Email Address, Phone Number and Name of your Business (if applicable). If you would prefer that we no longer keep this information, subsequent to you opting-in, please send us a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking to be unsubscribed from our mailing lists.
8. Your Rights with Respect to Personal Data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- You may submit a request for access to the data we process about you;
- You may object to the processing;
- You may request an overview, in a commonly used format, of the data we process about you;
- You may request correction or deletion of the data if it is incorrect or not or no longer relevant, or to ask to restrict the processing of the data.
9. Enabling/Disabling and Deleting Cookies
You can use your internet browser to automatically or manually delete cookies. You can also specify that certain cookies may not be placed. Another option is to change the settings of your internet browser so that you receive a message each time a cookie is placed. For more information about these options, please refer to the instructions in the Help section of your browser.
Engineered Accounting Solutions does not sell, disseminate or share website visitor or Client information to any third parties.
Engineered Accounting Solutions utilizes virtual private networking, third-party applications, encryption safeguards, and back-up and remote storage of sensitive Client communications.
We are continually updating our website and our internal processes to take advantage of new technologies, and to improve services for our Clients. As such, we may institute new security protocols at varied times.
11. Contact Details
This page was last changed on July 18, 2022 and applies to citizens and legal permanent residents of the United States.