Unable to obtain his CPA credential (because of hiring practices) after passing the exam in 2016, Mike started his own firm to help the underserved small business market, targeting Construction Contractors, Small Manufacturer's and Transport and Logistics Providers.
Prior to this, Mike was an Adjunct Faculty Instructor at Oakland Community College where he taught a four-credit hour Managerial Accounting course. Concurrent to this, he was also an Tutor/Exam Prep Instructor, at Walsh College where he assisted students at all levels of accounting from introductory coursework through CPA Exam prep.
Previous to his work in accounting, he held positions with several manufacturing firms including Remy International (as a Project Manager) and Rostra Accessories (as a Product Line Manager) for Automotive Aftermarket systems and components. At Rostra, he was successful in developing a database tool and process to prioritize all projects based on cost, timing and resources required to develop and launch.
In addition, Mike held positions with Hitachi Automotive Systems (as a Sr. Program Manager for hybrid electric motors and Li-Ion battery packs), and Ford Motor/Visteon (in various roles related to energy management and vehicle exterior lighting). At Hitachi, he oversaw the launch of Hitachi's first complete hybrid system for the GM Saturn Vue vehicle.
- MBA-Finance, (Honors), Wayne State University, Detroit, MI.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- Completed 30 credit hours of Accounting and Tax coursework with an aggregate GPA = 3.9/4.0.
- Enrolled Agent (EA) authorized to represent Clients in all matters before the IRS.
- QuickBooks (Online) advanced ProAdvisor.
- Licensed Insurance Agent (State of Michigan) for life and health policies.