Our Principles/Our Values
Accounting with a Difference
- When an Accountant tells you how unique they are versus their competitors, ask, what makes them unique? How does their background or experience give them a unique insight into the complexity and specifics of your business if they’ve never worked in operations, sales, marketing or any other discipline outside of finance or accounting? In many cases, they are not unique and more often than not, they’re focused on compliance (a necessary but basic entry point to call oneself an Accountant). This is not meant to disparage Accountants, just the opposite. However, since compliance is the centerpiece of much of the training that Accountants undergo, it calls into question their relevance. How can they label themselves as advisors (from the clients’ perspective) if they lack broader functional expertise outside of traditional financial accounting and reporting?
- We don’t suffer from large indirect costs or overhead. Consider the value of what you receive when choosing a capable Accountant, Bookkeeper, or Tax Professional. Overhead costs associated with brick and mortar offices get passed on to you, the Client.
- We’re here to help you, the small business client, understand how to use the power of your Accounting and Financial data to suggest ways to operate, plan and grow more efficiently and profitably.
It’s about Relationships and Trust
- No matter what you do, if you’re in business and you can’t build relationships or trust with your Customers or Clients, you won’t be successful – simple but true. And, If you’re an Accountant and don’t enjoy solving Client’s problems, you won’t be able to make the kind of meaningful, impactful difference Clients expect, particularly in this uncertain climate when they need it most.
- Trust and relationships are the most valuable currency a professional services provider holds. We respect Clients, whether they are prospects or existing Customers and we strive to create the kind of value Clients want that builds relationships and trust.
- Our approach to every Client relationship is simple – we look to exceed Client’s expectations to the best of our abilities. Every Client and engagement is different and relationships often evolve over time. We pride ourselves in being able to handle many Clients with multiple, shifting priorities under difficult circumstances – our Project Management discipline at work!
- We always look to simplify complex Accounting or Tax matters so Clients understand the value in what they’re getting. Whether it’s a straightforward tax engagement or complex compliance issue, we use plain language. Additionally, Accounting and Tax Practitioners are often asked to help Clients with problems outside their immediate areas of expertise. Clients look to their Accountants for their business savvy and we seize these opportunities whenever appropriate.
Why Choose Us?
- Running a business is complex and time consuming: We understand the time pressures and constraints that every Owner/Operator/Partner has. You’ll be confident knowing that your records/books are in capable hands.
- We love Accounting: Whether it’s learning about a new application or expanding our technical knowledge or techniques, we’re constantly challenging ourselves to learn so we can be a better resource for our Clients.
- We bring a sense of urgency to completing tasks: We won’t waste your most precious resource, your time. We have the experience and expertise to quickly grasp the problem, solve it and move on.
- For your peace of mind: Insured for errors and omissions (E & O). Certificates available upon request.